For over 200 years, nestled in the Heartland of Kentucky, Elizabethtown Independent Schools has served the educational needs of students in our district. Elizabethtown High School serves grades 9-12 and meets the needs of all students through a broad and varied curriculum, a wide range of co-curricular activities, innovative as well as traditional methods of teaching and an outstanding counseling program. A charter member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools since 1918, EHS is the recipient of many state and national honors and is known throughout the State of Kentucky for setting a standard of excellence. Enrollment of approximately 750 students gives EHS the ability to offer smaller class sizes and affords students the opportunity for more individualized attention.
- In 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017 - Elizabethtown High School was selected as a Silver Medal High School by the US News and World Report designating EHS as one of the best high schools in Kentucky.
- Elizabethtown High School currently ranks 10th in Kentucky on our 2015-2016 school report card.
- Elizabethtown High School has been classified as a Distinguished school for the past five years, including the previous school year 2015-2016.
- The graduating class of 2017 scored an ACT composite of 21.1, which placed 1st in our region and 27th in the state.
- Elizabethtown High School has earned 14 State Championships in Baseball, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Boys Swimming, Girls Swimming, and Track.