Building a Tradition of Excellence
Over the 200 years in which The Elizabethtown Independent Schools has evolved, one constant has remained: a spirit of leadership and progressiveness in education. From the first financing of education in the region to the development of today's innovative programs – The Elizabethtown Independent Schools takes great pride in its "Tradition of Excellence". We also look to the efforts of those who came before us to help guide and define our vision for the future of our schools………
Maintaining a Tradition of Excellence
A "Tradition of Excellence" – our school district is building upon two centuries of academic and extracurricular excellence, by believing high expectations yield high results.
School Personnel – a staff that is committed, dedicated, and challenged to meet the needs of all our students on a daily basis. 100% of our schools have Nationally Board Certified Teachers on staff.
School Culture – we recognize and encourage a strong partnership with our supportive families and community. We provide a welcoming environment that will encourage active and positive participation among staff, family, and community for productive growth in our children.
School Climate – our ultimate goal is to provide our staff and students with a safe, orderly, and respectful learning environment where our teachers can teach and students can learn on the highest level.
Continuing the Tradition of Excellence
- Enrollment of approximately 2,400 students.
- Small accredited schools and classrooms (16 to 1 ratio).
- Students average above state and national norms on achievement tests.
- The percentage of students graduating is 90.0% with 82.7% attending college.
- The average ACT score is 22.20
- 100% of teachers have bachelor's degrees from an accredited program; 87.7% have advanced degrees.
- Extra-curricular activities:
- State Championships: 2013 Cheerleading; 2000 Boys Basketball; 1998 Girls Basketball; 1994 Track; 1992 & 1991 Cross Country; 1992 Girls Swimming; 1988, 1986, & 1985 Boys Swimming; 1981 Girls Golf; 1975 & 1970 Baseball; 1969 Football; Band; STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program).
- State Runner-Ups: 2015, 1982, 1980 Girls Golf; 2014, 2009, 1997 Girls Basketball; 2012, 1998 Cheerleading; 2010 Girls Cross Country; 2003, 1981, 1968, 1967 Football; 1995, 1994 Boys Cross Country; 1992 Boys Soccer; 1992, 1978 Baseball; 1990, 1989, 1987 Boys Swimming; 1990, 1989 Girls Swimming; 1972 Boys Basketball.
Organizational Chart - roles, responsibilities, and names of district staff personnel
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY STATEMENT
Please click this link to view the Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.